Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

Monday I had an interview with Barnes&Noble. It was boring. The guy said he needed people to work in the cafe so I, of course, stressed my love for books. There was a really cute boy working there though, so if I get that job at least I'll have someone to flirt with. Tomorrow I really have to start getting to work on sending out things for publication, and calling places where I've applied to bug them about hiring me.

For the interview I wore:


I think I looked alright but I couldn't help remembering that line from Doctor Who - "Don't wear black with colour, it makes the colour look cheap and the black look boring." Whatever.

I've been downloading a lot of music lately which is great for my itunes but not for my hard drive.
Got Jason Mraz's new album, "We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things" which is amazing and I love Jason. He's just really talented.
Also got Katy Perry's "One of the Boys" which is very pop-punky. I like it but the lyrics are a little childish. "I Kissed a Girl" is my favorite so far.
Re-downloaded A Fine Frenzy, "One Cell in the Sea". I lovelovelove her. Her music is just so...enchanting. I couldn't find my CD :( but she is gorgeous and her music is gorgeous and ugh love it.
Also downloaded some French music! When I grow up I want to be Une Parisienne.

No comments: